A 4-week study of the theme of rest from Genesis to Revelation. This study helps you gain a biblical view of rest so that you can accept God's call to a balance of work and rest that gives Him glory and nourishes your daily life.
"This study really helped me rediscover the joy of resting in God's presence. I'm a workaholic by nature, and I thought this study would basically tell me to stop working. But instead, I learned how to enjoy my work and embrace rest ... at the same time!"
2 APR 2017, 12:21
"I grew up in a legalistic church culture, so my understanding of Sabbath was all about law. But this study really changed my perspective! I now see how God invites us to rest as a way of mirroring his own character. Highly recommend!"
15 SEP 2017, 14:42
"This is a good, in-depth study that doesn't take much time each day. I really enjoyed going through it and actually just added it to my regular quiet time routine because it felt that approachable."
15 SEP 2017, 14:42
Every Study Includes
- Five days per week of Scripture-based Bible study
- Readings assignments that put the Text at the forefront of your study
- Theological commentary that invites you to interact with the passage
- Study tips that encourage you to do the hard work of study, and guides you into a deeper, more robust understanding of the Word
- Daily questions for reflection to encourage you to think deeply about the Word and integrate the truth of God’s Word into your daily life
- Daily prayer points to guide your prayerful response to the Text
- Personal login account that tracks your progress so that you never loose your spot
- Access for a year so that you're not pressured or rushed and can go at your own pace
Here's what you have to look forward to in Learning Sabbath
We'll be looking at one theme from Genesis to Revelation. This means we'll need to learn how to trace a biblical theme through word studies. This is a skill that you'll use from week one of Learning Sabbath, but can take with you beyond these four weeks.
Get ready to look at the Hebrew word for rest in the Old Testament (just a little work with the Hebrew ... nothing too intimidating), and then see where and how that same word shows up in the New Testament!
This study only serves you in so far as you can take practical steps toward implementation. This digital study includes a printable guide for making real changes in your weekly and daily routine to help you apply what you're learning.
"My favorite thing about studying one verse at a time is that I know I'm not missing anything important. I used to only do devotional books, but since doing these studies I'm actually learning to study my Bible on my own, too"
12 MAR 2020, 12:21
"I'm a mom with three under four, which means my study time each day is limited. Amy's studies go deep and only take about 20 minutes. I realized I was really craving that kind of in-depth study. I just didn't think it was possible with my schedule."
21 OCT 2019, 14:42
"I've done every single one of Amy's studies, and I can't recommend them enough! There's honestly not much else out there that helps you learn to study the Bible while studying a specific book of the Bible. It's worth every penny."
20 SEP 2020, 14:42