Lamentations isn't a book many of us reach for in our Bible study. It's a heavy book, one filled with reminders that sin leads to death. But it's also rich in its reminder that repentance leads to life! This study works verse-by-verse through the book of Lamentations so that you can see how repentance works throughout the Scriptures and apply it to your own life.
"When my small group picked this study, I was like, noooooo! Who wants to study Lamentations? Now, its one of my very favorite studies."
2 APR 2017, 12:21
"I had no idea Lamentations was so rich! This historic background in this study was super helpful for me, and gave me an appreciation for studying the Bible in a deep way that doesn't jump right to application."
15 SEP 2017, 14:42
"This study helped me get a better perspective on how to study the OT in general. The application was really good, too!."
15 SEP 2017, 14:42
Every Study Includes
- Five days per week of Scripture-based Bible study
- Readings assignments that put the Text at the forefront of your study
- Theological commentary that invites you to interact with the passage
- Study tips that encourage you to do the hard work of study, and guides you into a deeper, more robust understanding of the Word
- Daily questions for reflection to encourage you to think deeply about the Word and integrate the truth of God’s Word into your daily life
- Daily prayer points to guide your prayerful response to the Text
- Personal login account that tracks your progress so that you never loose your spot
- Access for a year so that you're not pressured or rushed and can go at your own pace
Here's what you have to look forward to in Lamentations
Since we’re studying an entire book of the Bible over the next several weeks, our study will start with some instruction on how to do a book overview study. We’ll look at the cultural setting, original author and audience, and literary structure and genre.
This book of the Bible has a very unique grammatical structure. We'll do a refresher on parts of speech and learn how Old Testament poetry was written because it's going to show us the climax of the book (hint: it's not what you might expect!)
To help you underscore your study skills and track your learning progress, I'm including printable worksheet of the biblical text to guide you through this study. All you need is your Bible and a notebook.
"My favorite thing about studying one verse at a time is that I know I'm not missing anything important. I used to only do devotional books, but since doing these studies I'm actually learning to study my Bible on my own, too"
12 MAR 2020, 12:21
"I'm a mom with three under four, which means my study time each day is limited. Amy's studies go deep and only take about 20 minutes. I realized I was really craving that kind of in-depth study. I just didn't think it was possible with my schedule."
21 OCT 2019, 14:42
"I've done every single one of Amy's studies, and I can't recommend them enough! There's honestly not much else out there that helps you learn to study the Bible while studying a specific book of the Bible. It's worth every penny."
20 SEP 2020, 14:42