“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call his name Immanuel
(which means God with us)”
Matthew one lays out the family tree of the Messiah. In the litany of names we see the powerful and gracious work of our God. For generations, He faithfully pointed His people towards the coming of His Son, Jesus. As we prepare to celebrate the birth of Christ this Advent season, join us in exploring the members of Christ’s family tree. There will familiar characters and names we have never heard, and each one will poignantly remind us of this truth: through Jesus Christ, we have been grafted in to the family of God.
The 8.5×11, perfect bound, soft touch, 60-page, full-color Grafted In | An Advent Study of the Family Tree of Christ study book offers 25 days of Scripture readings, interactive theological commentary, questions for reflection, and responsive prayer points beautifully designed.
This study includes:
- Five weeks (5 days per week) of Scripture reading assignments
- Theological commentary that invites you to interact with the passage, do the hard work of study, and guides you into a deeper, more robust understanding of the Word
- Daily questions for reflection to encourage you to think deeply about the Word and integrate the truth of God’s Word into your daily life
- An introduction to Matthew one, including information on the author and a brief look at the original Greek text
- A beautifully designed family tree with space for you to complete the names of each of Christ’s ancestors as we learn about them and their stories
What others have to say about this study:
“An Advent resource you don’t want to miss!” – The Gospel Coalition
“Eight New Resources to use this Advent!” – The Gospel Coalition
“During the Christmas season, I often find myself rushing here and there, trying so hard to enjoy everything, that I can end up missing the most important thing: spending time with Jesus. And, yet, that’s exactly why he came as Immanuel— God is with us. So, I’m always on the hunt for ways to focus my heart on what’s truly important during Advent.This year, I’m using a new study from Amy Gannett called Grafted In: An Advent Study on the Family Tree of Christ.” –Melissa Kruger
This study is gorgeous. I'm so excited to dive in this Advent season.
I did Grafted In for the first time when Amy released it in 2019. I've done it each year since, and this year (2020) will mark my third time through the study. It's still one of the things I most look forward to at Christmas!
I have purchased this book for my wife and I to study through this Advent season. I have thumbed through the pages and am looking forward to this study. The closest thing I’ve ever come to in an Advent study was studying those little chocolate pieces that come from the pop-out Advent calendar. So, needless to say I haven’t done an Advent study before. I am hoping this book will help to focus my heart, mind, and soul more on the Scriptures of Christmas and less on consumerism. Somehow, I think it will deliver.